- Camp days will now be 2 hours instead of 3 hours – We felt that this change was important as 3 hours was just too long for the training to be productive. By reducing the amount of time per day we expect amore productive camp and will reduce the risk of injury, due to muscle overuse.
- AFC are grouping the camps by age groups – this will allow for scrimmages throughout the week and will also allow for pooling of teams if numbers are lower due to family vacations.
- AFC are going to add in some scrimmage weekends – we feel that our teams do not get enough games before the season starts and often will go to tournaments with not enough players. We are therefore going to organize some inter club scrimmages, like we did when we were returning after COVID.
- Non academy players will again receive a code* to use on one of the 24-7 camps (exception is Piedmont PRD camps). Details of these camps are shown on the 24-7 website: https://www.24-7uksocceracademy.com/programs/summer
*Codes will be given out after teams have been formed in May.
Below you will find the camp schedule for summer 2022 and the scrimmage weekends. As always, venues are subject to change.
- June 18(Academy Teams Only)
- June 25(Academy Teams Only)
- July 16& July 17 (All Teams)
- July 23& July 24 (All Teams)
Finally, try-out dates will be published soon. We are just finalizing fields. Here is a rough idea of dates:
Week of May 16th – 2010 and 2009 teams will have two try-outs this week (Monday-Friday).
Week of May 23rd – 2010 and 2009 teams will have a third try-out and 2008-2004 teams will have two try-outs.
AFC plans to have all try-outs completed by Thursday May 26th.